Friday, November 14, 2008

so yeah....

My car was repoed on Wednesday night. I didn't find out until I walked outside at 3:30 in the morning on Thursday. The events following were a fiasco. I had no notice so I was distraught to say the least. I thought my car had been stolen. I've never had anything like this happen before. blah.
The thing is I make enough money now to cover all of my bills. I fell behind because of a series of unfortunate events. Things that probably could have been avoided. I guess I need to turn in my Supermommy cape. *rolls eyes*
The company that holds my lien was super-cool when I talked to them today. Gave me a great deal of sympathy and help that I didn't expect. I still won't have the money until I get paid on the 21st so I'm not sure what I'm going to do for transportation. I hate feeling helpless.
So all in all, after dealing with the initial shock and awe I think I'm dealing with it pretty well. I just feel like it's not going to solve anything if I worry and beat myself up. I had the choice between paying a car payment or rent payment on Friday and I chose rent because my mom was hounding me and really needed it.
I don't know what happened yesterday though. I feel like the universe was totally against me. The car thing, shitty day at work, Chance's laptop crashed and I woke up after 2 hours sleep with a wicked toothache.
Now that I think about it yesterday was just a continuation of a pretty horrible week (see previous blog)

I think Christmas is going to be a bust this year. I can't afford to get anything I want for the kids. Their birthdays being 3 days and 2 weeks after Christmas makes it even harder.

Oh, I solved the problem with being short of hours at Target. I am taking three cashier shifts so bring me to 40 hours. I've been working 55-65 hours consistently for what...four weeks now ? I wonder when it will start adding up *shrug*

Okay, I've got to get these girls in bed. They are shredding my patience with the high pitched screeching. I work at 7-3 all weekend and I have to get a my mom to give me a ride tomorrow. Fun stuff.

2 comments:

Erin said...

you know that when you blog, my blog tells me you blogged so I come read :)

I'm glad that they were cool and everything is going to work out, but you have to stop beating yourself up. No one is perfect, and you you did great the whole time you were out of work. It doesn't take long to get behind, and I know you're well on your way to getting caught up!

Joelie said...

Good zen thoughts, there Mama! Congrats! Most peeps would be sweatin' it but you're handling it the healthy way. And see? Karma's paying off by rewarding you with friendly lienholders.

W, Christmas isn't about presents. Maybe this is the year to really hit that home to your kids. Get 'em ONE great present each (or explain to them that because of the financial crisis, even Santa's pockets are linty and bare). There are SO many kids who don't have presents... or PARENTS for that matter. Yours HAVE a wonderful Mommy who loves them, spends her few waking hours with them and is busting her ass to make a life with them... there's your merry Christmas, yo!

Chin up! Dig them heels in! And, well, whatever other cheesy cliches you can think of for me to say to wish you all the luck in the universe. I'm rooting for you.

Ick. Roots. *eye roll*